Waxing is a popular hair removal method that uses the application of specially formulated wax to your skin, which when removed, takes the body hair with it. Preparing for the first time waxing may be a bit intimidating, even when you have made the decision to give it a try.
Benefits of Waxing
LONGER-LASTING RESULTS: First, waxing provides longer-lasting results compared to other hair removal methods such as shaving or depilatory creams. That means less time spent having to do this chore. Waxing means the hair is removed from the root, so it takes longer to grow back. On top of the inconvenience, clients end up not liking the results of their current method. For example, shaving your legs or pubic area for the umpteenth time is enough to make you groan. Shaving can be tiresome, it’s hard to reach every spot, and it’s tough to get it done accurately without a cut or nick!
SOFTER SMOOTHER SKIN: Secondly, waxing can result in softer, smoother skin, as waxing also exfoliates the skin by removing dead skin cells. Good waxing techniques which properly exfoliate the skin removes those dry and dull surface skin cells, increase blood circulation, and improve your skin’s appearance. Regular waxing sessions can lead to thinner and sparser hair growth over time, making the process less painful and more effective.
LOOKS GOOD: Most importantly, the aesthetic appearance of hairless skin is desirable and fashionable, especially during the summer months when more skin is exposed. Sunbathers, beachgoers, boaters, and swimmers are often the biggest fans of waxing. After your first time waxing, you may become a fan too!
Here in southern Florida, Flawless Skin Wax Studio in the Tampa area serves many clients who need Brazilian wax, Bikini wax, leg waxing, or waxing of other body areas. With year-round sunny weather and the wearing of shorts, short-sleeved shirts, sun dresses, and of course, bathing suits and bikinis, it is no wonder clients seek out Flawless Skin’s excellent waxing services.
How to Prepare for Your Waxing Appointment
First, you probably should meet with or talk with a highly regarded wax salon. They should be able to explain to you their techniques, products, and before and after care. They should also address any fear or concerns you may have as a first-timer. Though waxing doesn’t hurt as much as you may think, alleviating that worry is critical, so you have a good experience.
Voted South Tampa’s Best Waxing for 2021 and 2022, Flawless Skin Wax Studio has a stellar reputation and is beloved by their clients, new and old. They genuinely care about their clients, promote results-driven service, and offer a staff with extensive experience and training. They make it a priority to educate their clients on achieving optimal wax results and good skincare.
Flawless Skin Wax Studio’s Recommendations for your Appointment
- Your hair should be at least two weeks of hair growth or longer (about ¼ inch). This allows the wax to grip around the hair. The longer, the better. If you feel your hair is too long, do not trim it, we will trim it for you.
- Please inform the front desk staff if you ever begin to experience any hormonal changes such as pregnancy and/or you begin taking any medications such as antibiotics, Accutane, or topical creams such as Retin-A, which may NOT be compatible with waxing. You need to wait at least 7 days after you stop taking antibiotics before you can get waxed.
- Do NOT tan the area you plan to wax 24–48 hours before your service. Sunburnt skin should not be waxed.
- Do NOT consume alcohol or a lot of caffeine before your service. Both alcohol and caffeine can cause your waxing to be unnecessarily uncomfortable.
- Exfoliate! Take a moment to gently scrub away any dead skin and lift those hairs, so the hair is more easily grabbed by the wax and can be removed swiftly. To get the smoothest wax possible, you want to remove any dead skin that could possibly trap hairs from being grabbed by the wax.
After your waxing, do follow any and all aftercare instructions. It can take up to 4 weeks for the hair to grow out enough to need waxing again. If possible, make your next appointment before you leave.